Xi to Me: Lexie Brown

Xi to Me: Lexie Brown

Lets Talk Xi...


What was most memorable to you when you went through recruitment?

The most memorable things from recruitment are the women I met and the friendships I gained. Whether it was the girls in my Rho Gamma group or the girls I talked to between parties, I knew that we were all experiencing the same thing together. Even after we all found where we call home, I knew that we could still count on each other. Ultimately, the experiences and friendships you gain through recruitment are worth a lifetime. 


What advice can you give a woman coming through recruitment?

Don't be afraid to have a real conversation. Yes, it is important to know where you're from and what you're majoring in, but it is also important to relax and truly be yourself. Don't be afraid to take charge and lead the conversation! It's okay to ask a sister about her chapter's values, why she chose her sorority, and what she has gained from her sisterhood. These more meaningful conversations can help open your eyes to the chapter and find the sorority that you can call home.

Why did you choose Alpha Xi Delta?

I'd like to think that Alpha Xi Delta chose me. Alpha Xi had not always been my "first choice," but looking back now, it shows how much it means to go into recruitment with an open mind. I know it sounds cliche, but you truly need to be open-minded and trust the process. I would not be the person I am today without being a sister of Alpha Xi Delta. From the moment I ran home on Bid Day, I have been surrounded by constant love and support. I know I can always be myself when I'm around my sisters. Not only do they make me feel at home, but they've also pushed me to get out of my comfort zone and realize my true potential. I've gained so many leadership skills, opportunities, and life-long friends over the three short years that I have been a member. As you go through recruitment, I hope you find a sisterhood that means as much to you as Alpha Xi Delta does to me. 


Our chapter is so lucky to have a leader like Lexie. As our chapter's President, she has helped us grow and showed us that realizing our potential is possible! Keep shining sister!

Until next time... XoXi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorority Girls Can Change the World!

Let's Talk Xi!

Panhellenic Summer Social