Xi Lady: Shiann Weaver

Let's talk Xi... with Shiann Weaver!

Xi Lady Spotlight


Shiann Weaver is our next Xi Lady Spotlight with our blog! Shiann is our Assistant New Member Orientation Director. We asked Shiann some questions about her position and recruitment expectations!

What do you do as Assistant New Member Orientation Director?
The main objective of my position is to teach new members all about Alpha Xi Delta and our history. I think it’s really important because without our history there would be no real connection with an organization. Along the way I plan activities to do with the new members and I try to make the transition from high school to college easier for the women. The best part of my position though is big little pairs. I am in charge of helping these women find mentors and friends in Alpha Xi Delta that will last a lifetime.

What are you most excited for this recruitment?
I am so excited for this recruitment because it will be my first time on the sister side! I cannot wait to be close and get closer to all of my fantastic sisters. I also can not wait to meet our possible new members and introduce them to this amazing sisterhood. As assistant new member orientation director, I will be close to all of the new members, and I am so excited to help them along this journey!


What is some advice you can give a woman going through recruitment?

The advice that I would want to give, and you will hear this during recruitment all the time, is to be yourself. You don’t want to be in an organization where you don’t feel completely comfortable or you don’t feel like you can fully be yourself. Another small piece of advice I would give is to make sure that the values that you want to uphold in your everyday life are also the same as the organization you’re wanting.

We can't wait to get our newest member class and help Shiann teach them all about Alpha Xi Delta. Remember there is still time to sign up for recruitment! https://enroll.icsrecruiter.com/pan/JSUNIV#/enroll/enrollment-disclaimer

Until next time... XoXi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorority Girls Can Change the World!

Let's Talk Xi!

Panhellenic Summer Social